Rugby World Cup 2019 officially kicks off!
The 2019 Rugby World Cup kicks off in Japan today, marking the first time the tournament will be held in Asia. Rugby enthusiasts around the world will be glued to their TV’s, ready for the action to start where the best teams in the world will battle it out for the Webb Ellis Cup.
The tournament itself is set to make history by attracting its largest-ever number of international fans, who will descend upon stadiums, restaurants and bars across Japan throughout the world cup. The Rugby World Cup is the third largest sports event in the world after the Summer Olympics and the Football World Cup.
The tournament will run from today until 02 November, with 20 teams competing for the right to lift the trophy. The opening match will see hosts Japan taking on Russia in Tokyo, and the final will be played in Yokohama. Although New Zealand and South Africa are firm favourites, there are a number of world-class teams who will be in the running to be named champions.
The format includes the following:
- A total of 48 matches to be played
- There are four pools consisting of five teams in each, with a total of 40 pool matches in total
- Following the pool stages, the quarter finals, semi-finals, bronze final and the main final will follow
The Springbok fixtures are:
- South Africa vs New Zealand – Saturday, 21 September
- South Africa vs Namibia – Saturday, 28 September
- South Africa vs Italy – Friday, 4 October
- South Africa vs Canada – Tuesday, 8 October
To view the full match schedule for the event, click here.
Do you think the Springboks have enough in them to win the Cup for a third time? It will certainly be a tough battle on the field as there are no easy matches.
If you are travelling to Japan to watch the World Cup, consider renting out your home to make some extra cash. You can easily put your valuables into secure self storage at Stor-Age.
Give us a call on 0861 18 18 18 and a member of our team will talk you through the options. You can also get an instant online self storage quote here.
Posted by Stor-Age Self Storage - 20 September 2019 | News And Events