Friday the 13th!
Friday the 13th, for many a day to be wary of but why? Is it simply superstition or is there more to this fateful day that has many people looking over their shoulders?
The origin of the fear of Friday the 13th are thought to have come from the Knights Templar as far back as 1307. The Knights Templar rose to prominence in Europe between 1096 and 1307. Their downfall came on Friday 13th October 1307. This date saw the catastrophic destruction of the Knights Templar at the hands of King Philip of France and his puppet Pope Clement V. Some say this event, which saw the Templars burnt at the stake as punishment, gave birth to the superstition associated with Friday 13th. The Knights Templar never recovered and were consigned to the annals of history forever. (For reference purposes) Personally we can’t say we blame them for their superstition, as being burnt at the stake isn’t the best of starts to the weekend we can think of.
Here are some, light-hearted, fun and interesting quotes about Friday the 13th:
- Did You Know? Thursday the 12th is just as rare as Friday 13th
- It's Friday the 13th. Just a quick warning to you all before you make any weekend arrangements for wood cabins by the lake.
- The fear of Friday the 13th is officially known as“paraskevidekatriaphobia.”
- It's Friday the 13th. This simply means that most children/colleagues/friendswill blame witchcraft for their regular stupidity. Just smile and nod if this is the case.
- The next Friday the 13th will be in October 2017.
- It is not unlucky to get married on Friday the 13th, why should that day be any different!
If you are particularly superstitious then ask us not to rent you unit 013 at any of our stores... And before you ask... Yes, that has been requested. Turn your luck around by getting in contact with us. You can either give us a call on 0861 18 18 18 or visit our website to reserve your unit, get a quote or even get some handy packing tips.