Love Your Vehicle, On And Off The Road
With Southern Africa’s terrain, views and environment ideal for overland adventures, it is no wonder the off-road community is thriving. The spirit of freedom and excitement as you steer your vehicle onto the bumpy roads of adventure knows no bounds.
Off-road travels in far-flung locations mean your vehicle needs to be fully equipped and in top nick when an expedition calls. It is inevitable that adventurers will accumulate gadgets and equipment to help them explore the unknown safely.
Self storage is a great solution to safely store your vehicles, trailers, caravans and equipment out of season, or when they are not being used. It allows you to store all your valuable belongings and vehicles safely, without the fuss of cluttering your home or garage. It not only helps you to be prepared to take on the road at any given time, but it also alleviates maintenance costs.
Here are some vehicle storage tips to help you keep your vehicle in top shape:
- Ensure that your vehicle is thoroughly cleaned before storage. Salt, sand and bird droppings can all have a negative impact on your vehicle’s paint job. Wash, dry and wax your vehicle before storing it.
- Prepare your tyres with an air pressure checker. Air is known to gradually release under the weight of a vehicle. Inflating your tyres to maximum pressure should account for the loss of air pressure over time.
- Make sure that you check the air pressure in your tyres to make sure it is safe to drive when you remove your vehicle from storage after a long period of time.
- Change your oil and filter before storage. The contaminants in used oil can damage the engine.
- Release the parking brake to prevent it from fussing with the rotors.
- If you intend to store your vehicle for a few months, adding a fuel stabiliser will help prevent corrosion in the fuel line.
- Remove the battery if storing your vehicle for longer than a few months, as they lose their charge and have the potential to corrode.
- Covering your vehicle is a simple step that will help preserve it in many ways. The optimum cover will depend on the climate and atmosphere. We sell various packaging materials to keep your valuables safe and secure.
- Before covering your car, make sure that you have closed all doors and windows, set your car in park, removed all valuables, and plugged the exhaust pipe with a rag (to prevent dust).
To simplify matters, we have more than 50 well-located stores around the country. These units consist of various sizes, meaning you pay only for the space you need. For added peace of mind, units are access-controlled and offer insurance, with 24-hour CCTV security. Goods can be stored for any duration without the pressure of a long term contract.
All stores have parking bays, lifts and trolleys for your convenience. View our store locations online or contact us on 0861 18 18 18.