Self Storage Can Be a Traveller's Best Friend
Off to see the world? Simply pack up, store your stuff, and you’re ready to go.
Whether flying across the world, discovering our continent or exploring South Africa, adventure and travel enthusiasts need to feel free to go wherever and whenever they want, and for as long as their hearts desire.
If travel is a dedicated part of your lifestyle, or if you are planning that once-in-a-lifetime big bucket-list trip, or even if you’re an occasional traveller, self storage can be your best friend.
The homes of adrenaline and outdoor junkies can often be strewn with bulky adventure-sports equipment such as surfboards, mountain bikes, kayaks, paddles, kiteboards as well as camping and hiking gear. Keeping these items in a storage unit will maximise your living space and make them easily accessible when you need them.
You can also clear some cupboard space at home by storing your winter clothes during the summer months, or storing travel-specific items such as snow boots, rain suits, ponchos, bulky jackets and helmets.
Henk Brand, founder of exploring company ‘The Secret Adventurer’, only takes the items he needs when he travels and stores the rest of his adventure gear in his self storage unit at Stor-Age.
Before you take off and explore, here are a few tips to make your self storage experience safe and simple:
- Store your belongings in a clean, safe and secure unit that is close to your home.
- Only rent the amount of space that you need.
- Set up debit orders to pay for your storage facilities while travelling.
- Pack your unit carefully by putting bulky and heavy items in first, stacking them from the back of the unit to the front.
- For ease of access and to maximise space, stack similarly-sized good quality boxes and pack odd-shaped items last. Fragile goods should be protected with bubble wrap or tissue paper.
- Pack heavy items into smaller boxes to make them easier to lift.
- Use our trolleys and lifts to easily and safely transport your goods to your unit.
- Make an inventory of all your belongings and number all boxes on all sides for easy identification.
- Thoroughly dry any wet or damp belongings. Wipe all metal items, such as bicycles, with an agent that prevents rust.
- Use a high-quality padlock to lock your unit.
To help keep your goods safe and secure, we sell a variety high of quality packaging materials which include boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap, mattress covers and padlocks. For added peace of mind we offer insurance on all our units.
Stor-Age stores are conveniently located countrywide, with units of various sizes, meaning that you only pay for the space you need. For added peace of mind, our units are access-controlled and insured, with 24-hour CCTV security. Goods can be stored for as long as you need – no long-term contracts required.
Why not go and visit your closest Stor-Age or call us on 0861 18 18 18 to see how we can help you with your storage needs.