Tips for a simple spring clean
There is no better time than the present to give your home a good spring clean (even in winter!). An uncluttered living space will make a significant impact to how you view and enjoy your home, but it can take time if you don’t have a good system.
If you want an organised and clean household, here are a few tips to get you started:
Spring cleaning tips
- Get the whole family involved and assign everyone chores.
- Make sure the chores are carried out through a good system (create a weekly planning schedule). This way nothing will be left out.
- Check that you have the right cleaning supplies in your home.
- Begin to organise and clear the clutter in your home. Arrange everything by categorising two piles: ‘staying’ and ‘going’. If you haven’t seen or used an item within a year, throw it away, donate it or put it into self storage.
- Work from the top to the bottom. Dust and clean all surfaces, curtains, blinds, frames, light fittings, followed by a comprehensive cleaning of the floor. This includes vacuuming both floors and carpets. If anyone in your home has allergies, this will really be of benefit to them.
- Clean all windows and glass doors, both inside and out.
- Do necessary repairs and DIY tasks such as painting, changing of light bulbs or replacing cracked windows and tiles.
The trick to spring cleaning is to not let things get to the point where it all needs to be tackled at once. Develop a system where each week you tick items off the list to keep things on track.
Make use of self storage
If you’re struggling to find extra space while spring cleaning, consider household self storage at any of our conveniently located stores countrywide. With us you can store for as little as a month or for as long as you need. You can also rest assured that your items are safe, with select stores being fitted with alarm systems, CCTV cameras and access control systems.
We have over 40 different storage unit sizes, so if you’re looking for a safe and secure location to store your belongings, why not give us a call on 0861 18 18 18 or get an instant online self storage quote.