Spring cleaning tips
With the arrival of warmer weather, it’s time to start thinking about spring cleaning your home. There is no better time to give your home a good spring clean, especially with the change of season. Those on the Highveld will have been exposed to a long, dry and dusty winter, while those in the Cape will have had their homes closed against the elements including rain and wind.
Giving your home a top-to-bottom clean will make you feel good about the space you live in. An uncluttered living space influences how you view and enjoy your home, but this takes time and requires a systematic approach.
Add freshness to your home with our top spring-cleaning tips to help ready yourself for a great summer:
- Make a clean out schedule. Chores can be shared and completed by the whole family.
- Decluttering your entire home will keep you organised. Arrange your cupboards and get rid of unused items by selling, donating them or putting the into self storage.
- Make sure all items have a place and are put back after being used.
- Work from top to bottom. Dust and clean all surfaces, curtains, blinds, frames, light fittings, followed by a comprehensive cleaning of the floor. This includes vacuuming both floors and carpets.
- Clean all windows and glass doors, both inside and out.
- Use cleaning detergents to remove any stains and ingrained dirt.
- Do any necessary repairs and DIY tasks such as painting, changing of light bulbs or replacing cracked windows and tiles.
If you’re struggling to free up extra space while spring cleaning, consider household self storage at any of our conveniently located stores countrywide. With us you can store for as little as a month or for as long as you need. Self storage is also ideal for sentimental or bulky items which are not in regular use.
You can rest assured knowing that your items are safe and secure as security is one of our main priorities. Our facilities are monitored 24/7 by CCTV surveillance and units are individually alarmed*.
We have over 40 different storage unit sizes, so if you’re looking for a safe and secure location to store your contents, why not give us a call on 0861 18 18 18 or get an instant online self storage quote.
Posted by Stor-Age Self Storage - 15 October 2019 | Tips And Hints