Safely storing your summer sports gear
It’s that time of year when we start to pack away our summer sports gear and begin pulling out the winter essentials.
The problem that many sports enthusiasts have is that all their sports gear starts to add a lot of clutter to their households. If you have kids in school then there is even more sports equipment piled into cupboards, into the garage and possibly even under beds.
Why clutter your home when there is a simple and effective solution – self storage. An increasing number of South Africans are choosing Stor-Age as their self storage partner when it comes to storing all their sports gear. Here’s why.
- Security is a core focus: Our units are monitored by CCTV cameras 24/7 and all of our stores feature access control and electrified perimeter fencing
- Convenient access: You can access your self storage unit after hours and with 50 stores across South Africa there is a good chance there is a Stor-Age store within five minutes from your door
- Flexible leases: Perhaps you are more of a summer sports enthusiast than a winter one. With us you can rent a self storage unit for as little as a month and you can downscale or upscale as needed
- We have over 40 different unit sizes with prices starting from as little as R450 per month
If you are going to store your sports gear in self storage then here are some handy tips to make sure your equipment stays in good condition.
- Do the necessary repairs on any damaged equipment before storing. You don’t want to rush to fetch something and later find out it can’t be used
- Clean your gear properly before placing it in self storage. Get rid of any stains, remove all dirt and make sure the gear is completely dry before packing away
- For the more fragile items, ensure that they are wrapped and protected in either bubble wrap or old towels. We sell a variety of self storage packaging materials in our stores
- Keep your storage unit organised so it will be easy to find your items when you need them. Try to place the items back in the same place each time
- Store the current season’s equipment at the front of the unit so these items can be easily accessed and then rotate the gear around when the season changes
Self storage is a great way to keep your sporting gear conveniently close, without cluttering your home. View our conveniently located self storage facilities near you and contact us for a quote on 0861 18 18 18.
Posted by Stor-Age Self Storage - 29 April 2019 | Tips And Hints