Winter is coming!
Nope, this isn’t an advertisement for Game of Thrones season 8 (although I’m sure we will all be watching it in the coming days).
With winter fast approaching, you may be wondering what to do with all the summer gear you’ve collected over the last few months. With ‘declutter’ being the buzz word at the moment, South Africans across the country are preparing to get their homes into shape (Marie Kondo style) to make room for their winter wardrobe and for all the goodies that come with it.
Enter self storage. A self storage unit is a great place to store your summer belongings, whether that be your extensive range of boardies, your camping gear or even your boat. If you are nostalgic and have the Game of Thrones season one to seven boxset that you can’t get rid of, you can store that too.
With self storage becoming an extension of your home, as your summer gear is put into storage so can your winter goodies come out of storage. Why clutter your cupboards with all sorts of outfits that you are only going to wear in six months’ time? The same applies to all the gear that ends up taking over your garage. Your car deserves better than to be kicked to the curb!
It’s important that you store your summer gear correctly so that when you need to collect your beach wear in six months’ time, it’s in the same condition that you left it in. Here are a few of our self storage tips:
- Make it easy to access and find your belongings for when you need them. For example, label all your boxes on each side or colour code each box according to its category.
- Categorise your items into various groups. For example, summer clothes, beach supplies, outdoor furniture and sports equipment.
- Ensure that you clean your gear properly before placing it in your self storage unit. Always check that the items are dry.
- Neatly fold your clothes before packing them away. You can also use them to protect any fragile items while you move them in and out of your unit.
- Consider items that you may want over the winter months. Planning a beach trip to Spain in July – no problem.
Why choose Stor-Age? We offer convenient, flexible and safe self storage across South Africa. In fact, if there isn’t a Stor-Age facility within five minutes from your door we will offer you a month of self storage for free!
View our conveniently located self storage facilities near you or contact us for a quote on 0861 18 18 18.