Organising your kitchen
Are your kitchen cupboards bursting at the seams? Here are a few simple tips to get organised!
Tips to organise your kitchen
- Empty out the cupboards
- This is something that you'll want to get into the routine of doing every few weeks. Empty out your cupboards so that the shelves are completely bare. While they’re empty, give the shelves a proper wipe down so that any spilt sauce or flour dust is cleaned up. When packing items back, take time to check the expiry date on each item. If its past the expiry date, throw it out.
- If you love collecting kitchen gadgets, chances are that you're running out of space in your cupboards. Think about how often you find yourself reaching for it and if the answer is never you may want to think about selling these items. If you only use some of your appliances for a special occassion or simply don't want to sell or donate it, consider putting them in your storage unit and grabbing them when you need them?
- Take a look at your crockery
- When emptying out the cupboards, take note of the state of your crockery. If plates have chips or cracks, it may be time to let go of them. You can donate them to a charity of your choice or if they’re beyond use, it may be time to throw them out completely.
- Group your items
- As a rule of the thumb, group items together. This could be keeping all your baking goods in one spot, keeping your jams and preserves together or keeping all your herbs and spices in another spot. Find a system that works for you.
- Inventory check
- Before heading to the shops, take a look at your pantry to see what you have and what you need to get. This will help you not buy something that you already have, cluttering up your cupboards.
If you are looking to declutter your kitchen, consider using self storage to safely store your items for when you need them again. If you'd like a quick quote, give us a call on 0861 18 18 18.