Assistant Creditors Clerk in Cape TownStor-Age Property REIT Limited (“Stor-Age”) is the leading and largest self storage property fund and brand in South Africa.
Focused on the fast growing self storage sector, a niche sub-sector of the broader commercial property market, Stor-Age develops, acquires and manages high profile self storage properties.
We are recruiting an Assistant Creditors Clerk based at our Head Office in Claremont, Cape Town, South Africa.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate processing of accounts and the reporting of financial information as part of the performance of the day-to-day accounting and financial function of the Group aligned with our:
- Core values of Excellence, Sustainability, Relevance and Integrity.
- Standard operating policies and procedures.
- HR policies and procedures.
- Occupational health and safety requirements.
- Employee relations legislation.
A market-related salary will be offered to the successful candidate who will be expected to:
- Process payments
- Handle all Creditor and sub-contractor account queries
- Ensure compliance in respect of VAT submissions
- Allocate and capture creditor invoices on the system
- Reconcile the creditor’s ledger
- Execute all payment runs for approved payments
- Capture supplier invoices
- Match supplier invoices to the relevant purchase orders / delivery notes
- Have the ability to understand and adhere to Company policies and procedures
- Possess good communication skills in English - listening, reading writing, speaking (especially telephonically)
- Pay attention to detail
- Have the ability to deal with difficult suppliers effectively
- Dipslay traits of assertiveness, confidence and professionalism
- Have the ability to effectively solve problems
- Are willingn to work extended hours when necessary
- Are able to work independently, in a dynamic environment or in a team when required
Minimum Requirements for entry:
- Diploma in Bookkeeping or relevant similar qualification
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- IT literate (including Microsoft Office)
- Experience working with Pastel Evolution
- Reliable transport
If this sounds like the right fit for you, submit your CV with a motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.orgNote:
- Preference will be given to designated candidates in line with the Employment Equity Act.
- If you do not receive a response within two weeks of submitting your application please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Learn more about Stor-Age here: https://investor-relations.stor-age.co.za